This is one of the easiest crafts we've ever done and makes a wonderful keepsake. I find using a sponge and paper plate for handprints is easiest but you don't have to do it that way.
1. Pour some paint on a paper plate and then dab the paint with a sponge (I get them at the dollar store).
2. Wipe off globs so you have an even covering on the sponge. Then blot the sponge on your child's hand. Or flip the sponge over on the plate (where there is no paint) and have your child place their hand on the sponge.
3. Have your child place their painted hand on the paper. (For younger children, you will need to guide them).
4. Then use the marker to draw a stem and, if desired, leaves.
5. Let dry. Then you have the perfect gift.
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.