An easy craft for kids of all ages to make for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or any other special occasion.
1. Draw a heart shape on your piece of paper or card stock.
2. Cut out your heart.
3. Use glue to attach buttons and other embellishments in pattern of your choice.
This is a great craft for kids of all ages and fairly quick to complete.
1. Take a piece of paper and fold it in half and then draw half a heart.
2. Cut out the heart and unfold it. Place it on your piece of white paper.
3. Take a pencil and dip the eraser end into your paint and dab it on your white paper around the edge of your heart. Continue until you have "stamped" around the entire heart. Adults may need to help younger ones stamp and hold the template in place.
4. Remove your paper and you should see a heart shape stamped in paint.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the next size heart. I'd recommend starting with largest to smallest heart.
6. Let paint dry. You can keep it plain as we did or decorate further or write a special Valentine's Day message.
A very elegant looking Valentine's Day craft that is still very easy to make.
1. Place small doily on one piece of paper and trace the doily shape. Cut out the tracing and then glue it to the back of the small doily. Repeat this step for the next doily. You can use solid or pattern paper as your background.
2. Once all doilies have been glued to their paper backgrounds, then glue the smallest doily to the next biggest doily and so on for a layered effect.
3. Decorate the front as desired. We used a foam heart sticker and then dipped a pencil's eraser in some pink paint and "stamped it in an outline.
4. Write your message on the back and/or decorate the back as well.
I Only Have Eyes for You
Here is a very easy and cute craft that even the youngest child can do, with a little help. And there are several variations you can choose.
2. Pres thumb to smaller piece of paper. If you want a small monster, then it will take one or two thumbprints. A larger monster (as seen above) will take several prints or you can use the sponge.
3. Take a paintbrush or use finger to paint the arms and legs.
4. Let the paint dry a little and then use glue to apply the googly eyes. The number of eyes is up to your little artist.
5. If you want, use scallop scissors to cut a border around the paper. Then glue it to your larger sheet.
6. Use marker or pen to write your special Valentine's message or you can write something for any other occasion.
You can make your monster as small or large as you choose and you can design a fancier card as well. See below:
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.