Fairly easy craft for a preschooler or older child and not a lot of materials. This was inspired by one of the many Usborne drawing and craft books.
1. Have your child draw a large circle in crayon (brown or orange are best for more realistic lion but any color is fine) on the paper. This will be the face of your lion.
2. Then draw semi-circles at the top (or as close as possible) for the ears.
3. Draw the mane by having your child draw lines out from the circle's edge (the way one would make sun and its rays, just a lot more lines).
4. Draw a loose upside triangle in black for the nose and "U" shapes for the mouth. Add whiskers with quick lines.
5. Draw circles for the eyes.
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.