1. Draw the eye stalks and the legs. The eye stalks are basically rectangles with a rounded top and the legs are rectangles.
2. Draw the claws.
3. Cut out the pieces and set aside.
4. Take the white paper plate and fold it in half.
5. Glue the plate - open part facing the bottom of the paper - to the blue construction paper.
6. Glue the stalks, claws and legs.
7. Glue the eyes.
8. Draw and cut blades of grass and cut them out.
9. Glue the grass onto the blue paper.
10. Glue and place the tissue paper on the paper plate. Open the plate (inside the crab's mouth) and glue tissue paper inside.
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.