This idea came from North Branch Preschool and is a great way to show off your colored Easter Eggs (to learn what to do with leftover dye and egg shells, visit here).
1. Have an adult cut the bottom of a rinsed-out soda bottle.
2. Cut or tear tissue paper into small squares
3. Mix glue and water in bowl.
4. Place a piece of tissue paper on your bottle (it's easier if it's upside down) and brush on some of the glue/water mixture. Repeat until the entire "basket" is covered.
5. Let dry.
6. After it dries, use a stapler to attach the ribbon (parents might want to do this). Be sure to use a strong ribbon that won't fray.
7. Add your grass. Now your basket is ready for Easter eggs!
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.