The perfect accessory to a pumpkin
* Large Black Pom Pom ball
* Several beads of different colors
* Googly eyes or eye stickers
* Pipe cleaners
* Hot glue strongly suggested (parental supervision required) but craft glue could work
Learn to make this cute, not creepy, spider for Halloween. We discovered this craft at the Miller-Cory House Museum.
1. Glue the pipe cleaners to the bottom of the pom pom ball. Let the glue dry completely. (Parents might want to do this step beforehand so kids don't have to wait; also a good idea if using a hot glue gun).
2. Use glue (craft glue is sufficient) to apply googly eyes or attach foam eye stickers.
3. String the beads along the pipe cleaners. Bend the bottom of each pipe cleaner so the beads don't fall off. Find the perfect spot for your crafty critter.
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.